Thursday, September 5, 2013

Girls: Season One

                Maybe it’s because I subconsciously knew that this show won all sorts of awards, but I went into it expecting it to be a lot funnier.  I’m not trying to say that it isn’t funny, because it has its moments; it just isn’t as funny as I thought it was going to be.

                There is quite a bit of drama within this comedy, and I imagine it to be a sort of like a cruder version of “Sex and the City”, thought I’ve never watched that show so don’t take my word for it.

                I also read somewhere that this was supposed to be some sort of great insight into the female mind, but no matter how hard I try to rationalize with that notion I can’t help but feel this show is somewhat stereotypical.   Needless to say, I do not believe all women solve their problems by putting on pop music and dancing.

            This show is also very sex heavy.  It’s not necessarily a lot of nudity, per se, but it’s what the censors refer to as “sensual content”, which means people having sex with their clothes on.   This is one of the factors that make me not really like this show as much as I feel like I should.


            A lot of questions were left sort of unanswered at the end of the first season, and yes that has piqued my interest in the second season.   However, I am not going out of my way nor am I in any real hurry to see more episodes, which is a feeling I should probably have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment